Mutual Recognition Agreement: Step-By-Step Application for ASHA Certification
- Request a letter from your home association to ASHA that affirms your current certification and/or full membership. This letter is valid one year from issue date, so it is suggested that you request your letter just prior to your submission of an application for ASHA certification.
- Take and pass the Praxis exam in speech-language pathology administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and have ASHA listed as a score recipient. Applicants holding certified membership from CASLPA are not required to take the Praxis examination for ASHA certification.
- Complete the application [PDF] in black ink, making sure to include your original signature.
- Include appropriate payment as noted on the How to Apply for Certification in Speech-Language Pathology webpage.
- Make copies of all documents for your future reference.
- Send completed application and payment to the ASHA National Office address listed on the application.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions on the application process.