Recruitment Advertising Sales Representative
Posting Date: 1/13/2014
Cluster/Team: Marketing and Sales Cluster/Recruitment Advertising Sales Team
Coach: Recruitment Advertising Sales Director
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $56,905–$63,228
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
DescriptionThe purpose of this position is to generate non-dues revenue to support the Association and its professional programs by effectively selling to potential recruitment advertisers ASHA's suite of recruitment advertising opportunities. This position is responsible for ensuring the most efficient and effective strategies to achieve the sales and marketing goals. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to meet revenue goals and close sales. The individual must have outstanding and courteous customer service skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proactively develop an effective sales strategy and approach, including use of a multi-contact process—such as social media as a sales tool, direct phone calls, direct mail, and e-mail.
- Research and develop new markets in order to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Able and willing to make cold calls to increase sales.
- Maintain and develop relationships through regular contacts with both internal and external clients.
- Create and compile reports to track and measure trends in the contact management system, including recording all activities and keeping account and contact information current and accurate at all times.
- Serve as a leading expert for recruitment advertising by staying abreast of the latest techniques for gaining leads and pursuing new business.
- Prepare tailored presentations and proposals for existing and prospective key clients and negotiate long-term recruitment advertising contracts between ASHA and corporations (or their advertising agencies).
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- 2 years or more experience in a related position
- Completion of a marketing or related bachelor's degree
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Familiarity with social media marketing and outreach via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to communicate with graphic arts departments and client advertisers regarding advertising for print, digital media, and the Internet
- Strong technology skills in software packages, including Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word, NetFORUM
- Demonstrated proficiency with advertising/sales tracking software such as Salesforce.com
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High degree of interpersonal and communication skills for building effective relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to work autonomously and execute plans across media platforms
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.