Posting Date: 10/22/2015
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Executive Services Cluster
Coach: Chief Executive Officer
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $75,835–$84,261
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for activities of the CEO and the Executive Cluster, coordinating and maintaining an effective and efficient flow of work.
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and secretarial services for the CEO and the Executive Cluster requiring a broad knowledge of Association operations and policy, as well as a high level of experience and discretion. The position handles details of a confidential nature and operates with great latitude for independent judgment and initiative as needed.
- Triages mail, telephone calls, and other communications for the CEO, responding to routine inquiries, forwarding items, or taking messages as appropriate.
- Coordinates appointments, meetings, and conference calls for the CEO and makes necessary arrangements (e.g., prepares meeting agendas, records minutes, distributes material, requests room set-up and any food services) for same.
- Arranges travel, secures tickets, and prepares itineraries for the CEO.
- Maintains the CEO's master files and internal records (electronic and hard copy).
- Develops and/or edits correspondence, presentations, and reports for or by the CEO.
- Reviews and monitors the CEO's budget and expenditures throughout the year. Ensures processing of expense reimbursements and other administrative paperwork for the CEO.
- Researches and abstracts information and support data in preparation for meetings and work projects; correlates and edits materials submitted by others; works with other ASHA units to ensure that the CEO has necessary briefing materials, agendas, and/or prepared remarks for meetings, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Coordinates complex projects, ensuring all appropriate members, staff, and outside individuals are fully informed on deadlines and changes; identifies potential obstacles in advance and works proactively with staff as appropriate in developing alternatives to ensure successful project completion; and makes certain that the CEO is kept informed of the progress.
- Provides particular administrative or project support to the Executive Cluster on an ongoing basis and other National Office units on an occasional basis as assigned by the CEO.
- Assists the CEO in handling confidential matters as needed.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Associate's or bachelor's degree
- 5 years experience in an administrative position in an office environment working with busy executives; experience in an association desirable
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of office practices and procedures, including technology such as word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Internet, and social media
- Excellent proofreading, grammar, and spelling skills
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; ability to manage a large number of tasks concurrently; and advanced organization, typing, and clerical skills
- Budget management and basic accounting skills
- High levels of independence, initiative, and discretion
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Must have discretion, excellent judgment, and tact
- Ability to prioritize, effectively manage multiple priorities, and work in a fast paced environment
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.