Business Systems Analyst
Posting Date: 10/27/2014
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Information Systems Cluster/Business Systems Analysis and Consulting Team
Coach: Business Systems Analysis and Consulting Manager
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $68,127–$75,697
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, definition and documentation for the design and testing of application development; ensure that correct business functionality, requirements, and industry quality assurance standards are addressed within the computer applications selected or built; and manage application development projects.
- Analyze end user and determine if needs can be met with existing commercial software, existing internally developed systems, or would need custom programming.
- Consults with business staff to develop and document detailed business requirements and programming specifications for use by internal and external developers.
- Assists users in the development of test plans and test case selection; coordinates and/or performs testing of system modifications to ensure that documented requirements are met and that final user sign off is acquired.
- Serves as the Project Manager for application development projects and assists the Information Technology Director and Manager, Application Development Team with program and portfolio management activities.
- Develops, provides, or coordinates system training, educational tools and materials.
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or Information Systems Management with two (2) to three (3) years of experience analyzing and documenting business requirements and system specifications in a business environment
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience analyzing and documenting business requirements and system specifications in a business environment
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience working in or for an association or professional society
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing and database software and/or business applications including but not limited to: Word, MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and document business processes
- Demonstrated ability to write complete, clear, and accurate requirements and specifications
- Demonstrated ability to develop user test plans
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Experience using reporting/query tools and/or constructing SQL statements preferred
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand concepts governing database and software design
- Close attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings
- Easily adapts to changing priorities
- Experience with association management preferred
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.