Associate Business Systems Analyst
Posting Date: 10/31/2017
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Information Systems/Business Systems Analysis
Coach: Manager, Business Systems Analysis & Consulting
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $57,950 – $64,388
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to assist in providing analysis, definition and documentation for the design and testing of enhancements and/or new applications being developed by application development; to ensure that correct business functionality, requirements, and industry quality assurance standards are addressed within the computer applications selected or built.
- Assists Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) in analyzing end user needs, documenting those needs, developing detailed business requirements and then determining if the needs can be met with existing commercial software, existing internally developed systems, or would need custom programming.
- Consults with BSAs and business staff to document detailed programming specifications for use by internal and external developers.
- Assists BSAs and users in the development of software application test plans and test case selection; coordinates and/or performs software application testing to ensure that documented requirements are met and that final user sign-off is acquired.
- Assist BSAs to provide and coordinate system training, and develop educational tools and materials.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management
- Two (2) to three (3) years of work experience using business applications
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing and database software, and/or business applications including but not limited to MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Demonstrated ability to document business processes
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly in an organized, readable format
- Demonstrated ability to develop or collaborate on user test plans or to execute business application test plans
- Experience working on software development projects in a technical or non-technical role
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
Strong analytical skills
Close attention to detail
Strong teamwork skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Easily adapts to changing priorities
Experience with association management preferred
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.