Administrative Assistant, Special Interest Groups
Posting Date: 11/16/2017
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Special Interest Groups
Coach: Director, Special Interest Groups
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $44,507–$49,452
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The incumbent must be available to work one to two weekends per year.
The incumbent must be able to pack materials for shipment and carry boxes.
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for functions performed in the National Office, specifically the Special Interest Group unit. The end result is to ensure that there is efficient organization, coordination, and implementation of work necessary to support the smooth functioning of the unit.
- Schedule and provide logistical and administrative support for over 20 face-to-face meetings per year and numerous conference calls and webinar:
- Schedule and support in-house and off-site meetings.
- Set up conference calls and webinars.
- Organize volunteer and staff travel to and from the National Office in coordination with travel managers.
- Arrange and order food and beverage for functions, compile/distribute material and agendas, prepare badges.
- Review, inventory, solicit, and update copy for webpages.
- Set up and maintain filing systems and records, and generate reports from AMS.
- Responds to information and email requests, including SIG proxy boxes.
- Obtain and use readily available data.
- Provide general administrative support, including but not limited to
- proofing material, copying, scanning, creating doodle polls, and faxing;
- preparing presentations, letters, reports, charts, graphs, tables, certificates, and other documents using various software;
- sorting and distributing mail, tracking spending and generating check requests, ordering materials and supplies, and packing materials for shipment;
- responding to volunteer and member queries; and
- recording and transcribing minutes of meeting.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- AA or BA degree and 2–4 years of related
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- demonstrated writing ability for multiple platforms (respond to proxy boxes, post messages to discussion forums, draft minutes)
- proven database management
- advanced word processing proficiency; Word preferred
- familiar with desktop publishing and preparing and/or posting information to a website
- intermediate spreadsheet skills; Excel preferred
- demonstrated knowledge of presentation software including PowerPoint, website templates
- demonstrated ability to assist all staff on program applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Office 365, GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar)
- demonstrated ability to improve systems, select appropriate application, design and add creativity to generate required reports
- excellent typing, proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills
- experience using Microsoft SharePoint a plus
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- demonstrated customer service skills; strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- experience with meeting planning and preparation
- demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate a project
- strong organizational skills
- analytical and detail oriented
- demonstrated ability to gather readily available data
- demonstrated knowledge of general office operation procedures
- demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- demonstrated ability to take initiative
- demonstrated ability to record accurate minutes of a meeting