Important Compliance Dates: New Requirements
April 14, 2011: New record retention requirement, Required Practice (1.8), in effect.
Required Practice 1.8: The (Provider) organization has a system in place to retain all information related to CE course planning and registration for a period of 7 years.
July 1, 2011: New ASHA CEU eligibility requirement begins.
Individuals must meet at least one of the following conditions in order to be eligible to earn ASHA CEUs:
- ASHA Member (includes Life member and International affiliates)
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) Holder
- Licensed by a state or provincial regulatory agency to practice speech-language pathology (SLP) or audiology
- Credentialed by a state regulatory agency to practice SLP or audiology
- Credentialed by a national regulatory agency to practice SLP or audiology
- Engaged in a Clinical Fellowship under the supervision of an individual with their ASHA CCC
- Currently enrolled in a masters or doctoral program in SLP or audiology
Please communicate eligibility criteria to your course attendees. We encourage you to post ASHA CEU eligibility criteria on your website, in promotional materials, and at your live events.
September 14, 2011: New ASHA CEU Participant Form includes place to document eligibility.
If an attendee is not an ASHA member or CCC holder but meets any one of the other criteria, they may provide their eligibility on the ASHA CEU Participant form at the course or inform the ASHA CE Registry of their eligibility by completing the web form.
If an attendee does not meet the eligibility criteria, they should not fill out the ASHA CEU Participant form.
July 1, 2012: New CEB Requirement 3: Transparency in Course Planning, Delivery and Marketing
Effective July 1, 2012, all ASHA Approved CE Providers must be in compliance with Requirement 3: Transparency in Course Planning, Delivery and Marketing.
Background information and resources to assist you in implementing the requirement are available online.