CAA Strategic Planning
The CAA used the results of its 2010 Customer Satisfaction Survey as part of a dedicated strategic planning session in 2011. During the session, the CAA updated its vision and mission statements, as indicated below, articulated its values for administering a premier accreditation program, and reaffirmed its existing Principles of Accreditation.
Vision: The CAA is the leader in developing and supporting standards of excellence for the accreditation of graduate education programs in audiology and speech-language pathology.
Mission: The CAA promotes excellence in graduate education in audiology and speech-language pathology through a peer review process of establishing and promulgating accreditation standards and encourages continuous quality improvement.
The council identified and re-affirmed the following core values during its most recent strategic planning session:
- Fairness and Validity
- Clarity and Consistency
- Creativity and Innovation
Critical Areas of Engagement for 2012–2015
The CAA identified three critical areas of engagement and accompanying goals for focus during 2012–2014 as listed below. Specific strategies for each goal were developed and guide the CAA in achieving its immediate goals. The CAA extended the plan and implementation of its strategies through 2015.
I. Relationship with ASHA
- Goal 1: CAA has authority to determine how its members and committees are selected.
- Goal 2: CAA has authority to manage its budget, once it is approved, and to deploy resources as appropriate.
- Goal 3: The authority of CAA is clearly delineated in an official document.
II. Processes, Systems, and Functional Models
- Goal 1: Develop a functional model to improve efficiency of Council operations and ensure appropriate representation for the professions in decision-making.
- Goal 2: Reduce time required for programs to prepare and submit annual reports, while maintaining quality.
- Goal 3: Increase efficiency of the candidacy model and process for programs.
- Goal 4: Improve the efficiency of the CAA review processes to complete comprehensive and quality program reviews.
- Goal 5: Improve communication among CAA members, subcommittees, and working groups to improve effectiveness of face-to-face meetings.
III. Communication to Improve Perception of CAA and Accreditation
- Goal 1: Improve the understanding of the value of academic accreditation and its benefits.
- Goal 2: Improve the understanding and perception of CAA as a responsive and facilitative accreditor.