Researcher-Academic Town Meeting
The Researcher-Academic Town Meeting (RATM) is an invitation-only event at the ASHA Convention. The purpose of the event is to:
- Bring together senior researchers and PhD-level academics (including international PhD-level faculty/researcher affiliates in attendance at Convention), new PhD-level faculty, PhD students, and student awardees for a presentation and discussion on a timely topic related to science and research or academic issues.
- Provide the opportunity for new PhD-level faculty, PhD students, and student awardees to interact with seasoned faculty/researchers by having them sit and converse with faculty and researchers.
- Provide the opportunity for networking and socializing among all event attendees.
Los Angeles, California
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Topic: "Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) in Clinical Education and Supervision"
Keynote: Mindi Anderson, PhD, ARNP, CPNP-PC, University of Central Florida
- Carol Dudding, PhD, CCC-SLP, James Madison University
- Mark DeRuiter, PhD, CCC-A/SLP, University of Minnesota
- Rick Talbott, PhD, CCC-A, University of South Alabama
Invitations will be sent to those in the target audience on September 15.
Past Meeting Presentations
2016 Researcher-Academic Town Meeting on Responding to Changes in Scholarly Publishing,
presentation [PDF] by Dr. Ray Kent
2015 Researcher-Academic Town Meeting on Advancing the Science and Use of Patient-Reported Outcome Measures (PROMS),
presentation [PDF] by Dr. Alan M. Jette
2014 Researcher-Academic Town Meeting on Systems Level Change: The Role of Implementation Science,
presentation [PDF] by Dr. Donald Kincaid
2013 Joint Research Academic Town Meeting/ASHA Approved CE Provider Workshop on Interprofessional Education: Moving Toward a Collaborative Era through Preprofessional Education and Lifelong Learning,
presentation [PDF] by Dr. Barbara Brandt
2012 Researcher-Academic Town Meeting on Preparing Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists to Provide Value-Based Services in the New Economic Climate, presentation [PDF] by Dr. Alex Johnson and Dr. Robert Burkard
2011 Researcher-Academic Town Meeting on Training the Next Generation of Clinical Researchers,
presentation [PDF] by Dr. Melissa Duff and Dr. Mary Pat Moeller
2010 Researcher-Academic Town Meeting on Building Capacity for the Research Doctorate
2009 Researcher-Academic Town Meeting on Clinical Practice Research in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology: The Final Frontier,
presentation [PDF] by Dr. Laura Justice and Dr. Nancy Tye-Murray.
2008 Researcher-Academic Town Meeting on Perspectives on Teaching and Technology: Micro and Macro Applications,
presentation [PDF] by Dr. Sarah Ginsberg, Dr. Lissa Power-de Fur, Dr. Carol Dudding, and Dr. Doug Martin.
2007 Researcher-Academic Town Meeting on Team Science: Reframing a Familiar Concept for Contemporary Research Issues in Communication Sciences and Disorders,
presentation [PDF] by Dr. Dennis Matthews and
comments [PDF] by Dr. Thomas Helfer, Dr. Ray Kent, Dr. Elena Plante, Dr. Bruce Tomblin.