Government Relations and Public Policy Board
Each year the Committee on Nominations and Elections seeks nominations to fill vacancies on select committees and boards. The Government Relations and Public Policy Board (GRPPB) is one of these bodies and has 4 elected positions.
- Develop the Association's annual public policy agenda for adoption by the Board of Directors
- Assure that the strategic needs and interests of ASHA members are represented in the Association's annual public policy agenda
- Provide ongoing coordination of communication with other ASHA committees, councils, boards, members, and state speech-language-hearing associations concerning the legislative, regulatory, and other public policy activities and initiatives of the Association
- Make recommendations to and work with the national Office staff to develop strategies to achieve the public policy agenda of the Association
- 3 meetings annually (including Committee Day at the Annual Convention)
- 6–8 conference calls
- Current ASHA member and through service if elected
Note: The GRPPB conducts much of its' business electronically. As such, computer and Internet access is required for service.
Number of Vacancies
- One audiologist or hearing scientist
- Two speech-language pathologists or speech-language scientists
Have questions? Please e-mail email@example.com.