Committee on Nominations and Elections
Each year the Committee on Nominations and Elections seeks nominations to fill vacancies on select committees and boards. The Committee on Nominations and Elections (CNE) is one of these bodies and has 6 elected positions.
Provide a slate of at least two but no more than three candidates for each office to be filled on the Board of Directors (BOD); develop, implement, and review, as necessary, procedures for increasing members' awareness of candidates for national office; evaluate the nominations and election process for ASHA national offices and the nomination and election process for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Advisory Council members; supervise national elections; develop, implement, and review, as necessary, the nomination and election process for the Committee on Honors, Government Relations and Public Policy Board, Financial Planning Board, and the Committee on Nominations and Elections; and periodically review the campaign and election practices for the BOD and Advisory Councils.
- Review nominations electronically
- Attend annual meeting
- Participate in 4–6 conference calls
- Current ASHA member and through service if elected
- ASHA membership for at least 10 years
- Two consecutive terms are permitted
Note: The CNE conducts much of its' business electronically. As such, computer and internet access is required for service.
Number of Vacancies
- One audiologist or hearing scientist
- Two speech-language pathologists or speech-language scientists
2012 Nomination/Election Cycle (Service beginning January 1, 2013)
- Nominations accepted July 3–August 6, 2012, 3:00 p.m. EDT (online nomination form)
- Elections conducted via the Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Advisory Councils in early September 2012
- Nominees notified of election results in late September
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.