Committee on Honors
Each year the Committee on Nominations and Elections seeks nominations to fill vacancies on select committees and boards. The Committee on Honors (CoH) is one of these bodies and has 6 elected positions.
- Review nominations for Honors of the Association and recommend candidates for approval by a 75% vote of the Board of Directors.
- Review nominations and select award recipients for the following:
- Certificate of Recognition for Special Contributions in Higher Education
- Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Contributions in International Achievement
- Certificate of Recognition for Special Contributions in Multicultural Affairs
- Certificate of Recognition for Special Contributions in Preschool-Grade 12 Education Settings
- Distinguished Service Award
- Dorothy Dreyer Award for Volunteerism
- Early Career Contributions in Research
- Outstanding Service Award
- Review award nominations electronically (estimated time: 20–30 hours)
- Attend annual meeting (May/June) and a possible second meeting on Committee Day at the ASHA Annual Convention
- Current ASHA member and through service if elected
- Fellow of ASHA
- Consecutive terms not permitted
Note: The CoH conducts much of its business electronically. As such, computer and Internet access is required for service.
- One audiologist or hearing scientist
- One speech-language pathologist or speech-language scientist
2012 Nomination/Election Cycle (Service beginning January 1, 2013)
- Nominations accepted July 3–August 6, 2012, 3:00 p.m. EDT (online nomination form)
- Elections conducted via the Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Advisory Councils in early September 2012
- Nominees notified of election results in late September
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.