Outstanding Service Award
View a list of past recipients.
The Outstanding Service Award is designed to recognize living ASHA members or National Office personnel who have offered outstanding and exemplary service primarily on behalf of or for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. A maximum of two awards may be presented each year.
Nominees, who may include individuals or groups of individuals, must have demonstrated a significant contribution in two of the following three areas:
- program development
- service to members
The Committee on Honors awards nominees solely on the information provided in the nomination document prepared by the sponsor. When information and/or documentation are incomplete, the Committee may be unable to award deserving individuals.
- A sponsor and two co-sponsors, all of whom are ASHA members in good standing
- One of the three persons submitting the nomination is a Fellow of ASHA
- If the nominee is a National Office staff member, a statement must be provided by a member of the National Office Facilitating Team:
- Arlene Pietranton, Chief Executive Officer
- Chuck Cochran, Chief Staff Officer for Operations
- Lisa Cole, Chief Staff Officer for Communications
- Vicki Deal-Williams, Chief Staff Officer for Multicultural Affairs
- Neil DiSarno, Chief Staff Officer for Audiology
- Lemmietta McNeilly, Chief Staff Officer for Speech-Language Pathology
- Margaret Rogers, Chief Staff Officer for Research
- Two areas of significant contribution are identified
- The sponsor and co-sponsors have provided the following factual information in support of the nominee:
- Sponsor's letter of support (five-page maximum) includes statements focusing on the two areas of significant contribution
- Co-sponsors' letters of support (each two-page maximum), affirming the areas of significant contributions
- Professional vita
- Nomination materials, including all supporting documentation (except the professional vita), may not exceed 10 single-spaced pages with a font size of 12 point
- All supporting documentation must be combined into one pdf document
- General Requirements
Failure to adhere to all required components and instructions will result in rejection of the nomination, including any materials exceeding the specified number of pages.
Nomination schedule and submission process
Still Have Questions? Contact email@example.com.