- Members of the ASHA
Committee on Honors and
Board of Directors are not eligible to be nominated, nor are they eligible to sponsor/co-sponsor or participate in any manner in a nomination.
- An individual member may participate as sponsor or cosponsor for a maximum of three award nominations in any calendar year. Exceeding the maximum number will invalidate all nominations sponsored or cosponsored by the individual.
- Only applications that are completed and submitted in their entirety by the posted deadline will be reviewed by the Honors Committee. Adherence to the posted deadlines will be strictly enforced by staff and COH members.
- The sponsor's narrative and co-sponsors' statements/attachments include either an original handwritten signature and/or the following exact statement: "I verify that I am the person
submitting this information, Sponsor Name."
- Nominees have never violated the spirit of LC 7-94:
"That no member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
(ASHA) holding an elected office, staff position, or appointment to an
ASHA board, committee, council, or task force shall hold membership in any
organization that practices invidious discrimination on the basis of race or
ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or
- Nominees are living ASHA members at the time the award decision is made. Should the nominee no longer be living, it is the responsibility of the sponsor to notify the Committee on Honors (e-mail
Note: The Distinguished Service Award is designed to recognize living
persons who are not ASHA members.
- Nominees and/or sponsors are ASHA members in good standing (if ASHA membership is required in the application) by the closing deadline for the Call for Awards Nominations.
- Self nominations are not permitted.
- All supporting documentation is single-spaced with 12-point font.
- All supporting documentation is combined and attached to application as one pdf document.
- Please note that staff is not empowered and cannot ensure compliance with regards to the technical aspect of an application as it is the sole responsibility of the COH to make that determination.
Failure to adhere to all required components and instructions will result in rejection of the nomination.