- Members of the ASHA Committee on Honors and Board of Directors are not eligible to be nominated, nor are they eligible to sponsor/co-sponsor a nomination.
- The sponsor's narrative and co-sponsors' statements/attachments must have the following statement: "I verify that I am the person submitting this information, Sponsor Name."
- Nominees have never violated the spirit of LC 7-94:
"That no member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) holding an elected office, staff position, or appointment to an ASHA board, committee, council, or task force shall hold membership in any organization that practices invidious discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability."
- Nominees are living ASHA members at the time the award decision is made. Should the nominee no longer be living, it is the responsibility of the sponsor to notify the Committee on Honors (e-mail email@example.com).
Note: The Distinguished Service Award is designed to recognize living persons who are not ASHA members.
- Self nominations are not permitted.
- All supporting documentation is single-spaced with 12 point font.
- All supporting documentation is combined and attached to application as one pdf document.
Failure to adhere to all required components and instructions will result in rejection of the nomination.