- Members of the ASHA Committee on Honors and Board of Directors are not eligible to be nominated, nor are they eligible to sponsor/co-sponsor or participate in any manner in a nomination.
- Only applications that are completed and submitted in their entirety by the posted deadline will be reviewed by the Honors Committee. Adherence to the posted deadlines will be strictly enforced by staff and COH members.
- The sponsor's narrative and co-sponsors' statements/attachments include either an original signature and/or the following statement: "I verify that I am the person submitting this information, Sponsor Name."
- Nominees have never violated the spirit of LC 7-94:
"That no member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) holding an elected office, staff position, or appointment to an ASHA board, committee, council, or task force shall hold membership in any organization that practices invidious discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability."
- Nominees are living ASHA members at the time the award decision is made. Should the nominee no longer be living, it is the responsibility of the sponsor to notify the Committee on Honors (e-mail email@example.com).
Note: The Distinguished Service Award is designed to recognize living persons who are not ASHA members.
- Nominees and/or sponsors are ASHA members in good standing (if ASHA membership is required in the application) at the time the award decision is made.
- Self nominations are not permitted.
- All supporting documentation is single-spaced with 12 point font.
- All supporting documentation is combined and attached to application as one pdf document.
Failure to adhere to all required components and instructions will result in rejection of the nomination.